The El Morro Project is a copper-gold development project located in Region III of northern Chile approximately 660 kilometres north of Santiago. The site covers 417 square kilometres, with the mine and plant operation located 4,000 metres above sea level and the construction and operations camp at 3,680 metres above sea level. The site is accessible from the Chilean city of Vallenar via 129 kilometres of paved and unpaved roads. Resources and mining expertise are available in Vallenar and other cities in Region III. Goldcorp is the project operator with a 70% interest in the project. New Gold holds the remaining 30% interest.